The last 50 years have seen huge growth worldwide in the provision of education at all levels. COVID-19 is the greatest challenge that these expanded national education systems have ever faced (Education and the Covid-19 Pandemic Published April 20, 2020). This pandemic has caused an unprecedented crisis in all areas. In the field of education, this emergency has led to the massive closure of face-to-face activities of educational institutions in more than 190 countries in order to prevent the spread of the virus and mitigate its impact (ECLAC, 2020).
Conflict of Interest Statement
The author (s) declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
Copyright and permissions
Copyright (c) 2021
Monroe L. Obuyes
, MA. Glena A. Obuyes
1. Abu, E. 2020. Learning Must Continue in the New Normal October 22, 2020. The Manila Times.
2. ADEC Innovations, Engagement as a Challenge: Getting Students Attention in the New Normal of Learning.
3. Agus, A. and Aziza N. 2019. The Effects of Ethical Factors in Financial Statement Examination: Ethical Framework of the Input Process Output (IPO) Model in Auditing System Basis. University of Bengkulu, Indonesia. Published March 17, 2020.
4. Alkaabi, S., Alkaabi, W., Vyver G. 2017. Researching Student Motivation. Contemporary Issues In Education Research Third Quarter 2017, Volume 10, Number 3.
5. Bear, G. 2020. Improving School Climate Practical Strategies to Reduce Behavior Problems and Promote Social and Emotional Learning. Published March 19, 2020, Routledge 246 Pages 2 B/W Illustrations.
6. Davion, J. 2017. The Role of Teachers in Motivating Students to Learn .BU Journal of Graduate Studies in Education, v9 n1 p46-49 2017
7. Education and the Covid-19 Pandemic Published April 20, 2020 https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s11125-020-09464-3
8. Full Time Student, Part Time Worker – Rappler.Com
9. Gamiao, J. 2020. Innovative Teaching Method in the New Normal. July 28, 2020, Manila Times
10. Gbollie, C. and Keamu, H.P. 2017. Students Academic Performance: The Role of Motivation, Strategies and Perceived Factors Hindering Liberian Junior and Senior High School Students Learning.
11. Gillis, P. 2020. Lernovate. https://www.learnovatecentre.org/motivating-students-and-teachers/
12. Mayol, P.A. 2020. The Paradigm Shift for Teachers’ Challenges in the New Normal October 5, 2020.
13. Motivating Students, Teach.com 2020. https://teach.com/what/teachers-change-lives/motivating-students/-
14. Nagpal, S. 2020. Raising Students Motivation During the Pandemic. October 19, 2020, Faculty Focus, Higher Ed Teaching Strategies Magna Publication
15. Ryan, R. M., Deci, E. L. (2020)., Intrinsic and Extrinsic Motivation from a Self-determination Theory Perspective: Definitions, Theory, Practices, and Future Directions Contemporary Education Psychology, 61,101860
16. Technology Enhanced Learning in Higher Education; Motivation, Engagement and Academic Achievement, Computer and Education Volume 137, August, 2019. Pages 104-113.
17. The Economic Commission for Latin America and the Caribbean (ECLAC) August 2020 https://www.cepal.org/en/publications/45905-education-time-covid-19
Cite this article as:
Obuyes, M. L. ., & Obuyes, M. G. A. . (2021). Improving the Academic Performance in Araling Panlipunan through Merit Badges Method. Middle European Scientific Bulletin, 18, 40-47. https://doi.org/10.47494/mesb.2021.18.842