Full Lenght Article
Higher Education in Nigeria: Challenges and Suggestions
Conflict of Interest Statement
The author (s) declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
Copyright and permissions
Copyright (c) 2021 Okolo Michael Monday , Gregory Deborah Mallo
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
2. Akinola, J. A. (1990), Issues of standard in higher education. A perpetual problem. A paper presented at the 2nd National Workshop on Supervisory and Inspectorate Services in the 6-3-3-4 system of Education at the University of Ilorin.
3. Federal Republic of Nigeria (2013). National policy on education. Abuja.
4. NEEDS, (2014). Needs assessment in the Nigerian education sector. International organization for migration, Abuja, Nigeria.
5. Okoli, N.J., Ogbondah, L and Ewor, R.N (2016)The History and Development of Public Universities in Nigeria Since 1914, International Journal of Education and Evaluation. Vol. 2 No.1, 6(2), 322-323.
6. Okafor, C.N. (2001). University education in developing countries: The changing roles and future problems, journal of education development, 3(2), 54 – 60.
7. Ogunode, N. J., &Abubakar, L. (2020) Public Universities Administration in Nigeria: Challenges and the ways forward. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Sciences and Advanced Technology (IJMSAT), 1(12), 25–35
8. Ogunode N,. J. (2020)Administration of Public Universities in Nigeria: Problems and Solutions. JurnalSinestesia, Vol. 10, No. 2,p:86-94https://sinestesia.pustaka.my.id/journal/article/view/55 86
9. Ogunode N J, Jegede D, Adah S, Audu E, I, &AjapeTemitope S (2020) Administration of Research Programme in Nigerian Public Universities: Problems and Way Forward. Riwayat: Educational Journal of History and Humanities, Volume 3 No (2), 2020, p: 21-32
10. Punch. (2020). Ending FG/ASUU perennial face-off. https://punchng.com/ending-fg-asuu-perennial-face-off/
11. Salisu, R.A. (2001). The Influence of School Physical Resources on Students Academic Performance. Unpublished M.Ed. dissertation, department of Educational Administration, University of Lagos – Nigeria
12. Tribune Online. (2020). Ethiopia Recruits 200 Nigerian Professors Amid Strike ― ASUU. https://tribuneonlineng.com/ethiopia-recruits-200-nigerian-professors-amid-strike-
13. Udida, I. A., Bassey, U. U, Udofia, I. U. &Egbona, E. A. (2009) system performance and sustainability of higher education in Nigeria.
Cite this article as:
Submitted10 September 2021
Revised10 September 2021
Published10 September 2021