Full Lenght Article
Management of Early Child Education in Nigeria: Problems and the Way Forward
Conflict of Interest Statement
The author (s) declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
Copyright and permissions
Copyright (c) 2021 OGUNODE, Niyi Jacob , OJO, Idowu Christopher
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
2. Adenike A. A & Peter K. O (2016). Challenges in Implementation of Early Childhood Education in Nigeria: The Way Forward Journal of Education and Practice, Vol.7, No.7, pp 33-39
3. Awino, N. L. (2014). Impact of supervision on the implementation of early childhood education curriculum in selected public pre-schools in Lang’ata District, Nairobi County, Kenya. (mater’s thesis). Retrieved from http://cees.uonbi.ac.ke/sites/default/files/cees/fina%20final%20final%20pdf_0.pdf
4. Chukwbikem, P. E. I (2013). Resources for early childhood education. Mediterranean Journal of Social Sciences, 4(8), 161-172. doi:10.5901/mjss.2013.v4n8p161
5. Eresimmadu, F.N.J. (1998): Management of Nursery staff personnel in Anambra state: problems and prospects. In Igboabuchi, B.O. &Eze, D.O. (eds) Pre-primary Education in Nigeria. Conference proceedings.
6. Federal Republic of Nigeria (FRN, 2008): The National policy on education. Lagos, National Educational Research and Development centre (NERDC).
7. Federal Republic of Nigeria. (2013). National policy on education. Lagos, NERDC press.
8. Junaid, I.M. (2013). Education: Quality, Standards and Control in Nigeria transformation Agenda. Lecture Delivered at the 35th Convocation Ceremony of the Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka, Lagos.
9. Ibhaze, F,.O (2016). Issues and Challenges of Implementation of Early Childhood Education in Nigeria. International Journal of Scientific and Research Publications, Volume 6, Issue 5.
10. Maduewesi, E. J. (1999). Earlychildhoodeducation: Theory and practice. Lagos: Macmillan Nigeria Publishers Limited.
11. Nakpodia, E. D. (2011). Early childhood education: Its policy formulation and implementation in Nigerian educational system. African Journal of Political Science and International Relations, 5(3), 159-163. Retrieved from http://www.academicjournals.org/article/article1381824650_Nakpodia.pdf
12. Ogunode, N. J, Jegede, D. &Ajape T. S (2021). Education policies of early child educationprogramme in Nigeria: Challenges of ImplementationAnd The Ways Forward.European Journal Of Humanities And Educational Advancements (EJHEA) Vol. 2 No. 3, P:1-10
13. Osakue, S. O. (2011). Repositioning Early Childhood Education in Nigeria: The Children's Theatre Approach. Academic Research International, 1(2). Retrieved from http://www.savap.org.pk/journals/ARInt./Vol.1(2)/2011(1.2-18).pdf
14. Okewole, J. O., Iluezi-Ogbedu, V. A., &Osinowo O. A. (2015). An evaluation of the implementation of early childhood education curriculum in Osun State. Journal of Education and Practice, 6(4), 48-54. Retrieved from http://www.iiste.org/Journals/index.php/JEP/article/viewFile/19793/20357
15. SERAP (2021) wants Buhari to probe, recover ‘billions missing from UBEC, SUBEBs’February 21, 2021https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/?print-my-blog=1&post-
16. Sooter, T. (2013). Early childhood education in Nigeria: Issues and problems. Journal of Educational and Social Research, 3(5). doi:10.5901/jesr.2013.v3n5p173
17. The wall street Journal (2021). Nigerian Gunmen Kidnap Primary-School Teachers in Latest Abduction.https://www.wsj.com/articles/nigerian-gunmen-kidnap-primary-school-children-in-latest-mass-abduction-11615820244
18. Viatonu, O. A., Usman-Abdulqadri, T. &Dagunduro, O. M. (2011). An Assessment of Implementation Strategies of Integrated Early Childcare and Development (IECD) in Epe Local Government Area of Lagos State. African Research Review, 5(4), 501-510.
Cite this article as:
Submitted10 September 2021
Revised10 September 2021
Published10 September 2021