The role of colors and their meanings in our life can hardly be overestimated. They are everywhere; they intersect with our life in almost all spheres and areas. Colors affect us; they can change mood, affect feelings and sensations. There is even such a method of treatment as color therapy. Even in ancient times, it was believed that the effect of color is not only able to restore mental balance, but also is a healing factor for numerous physical ailments.
Conflict of Interest Statement
The author (s) declare that the research was conducted in the absence of any commercial or financial relationships that could be construed as a potential conflict of interest.
1. Bent, M.M. Metaphor in the poetry of Thomas Sterns Eliot 1910-20s. in the light of his aesthetic theory [Text] / M.М. Bent // Abstract of the dissertation for the degree of candidate of philological sciences. - Yekaterinburg: Publishing house of the South Ural State University (National Research University), 2011 .-- 27 p.
2. Grushke, N.F. Chaucer [Text] / N. Grushke // Encyclopedic Dictionary of Brockhaus and Efron: In 86 volumes (82 volumes and 4 additional). - SPb .: JSC "F.A. Brockhaus - I.A. Efron ", 1890-1907. - pp. 380-390
3. Ivanova, Y.V. Color coding in the structure of poetic text and approaches to their study [Text] / Y.V. Ivanova // Social and Humanitarian Sciences. - M .: Publishing house of the Moscow State Pedagogical University, 2008 .-- Pp. 112-118
4. Kazarin, Y.V. Poetic text as a system [Text] / Y.V. Kazarin. - Yekaterinburg: Publishing house of the Ural University, 1999 .-- 260 p.
5. Kasyuk, N.S. Philological analysis of the poetic text [Text] / N.S. Kasyuk // Textolinguistics: problems of idiostyle and analysis of communicatively significant elements. - Minsk: Publishing house of the Belarusian State University, 2011. - P. 73-76
6. Lotman, Y.M. People and signs [Text] / Y.M. Lotman // Semiosphere. - SPb .: Art-SPB, 2010 .-- 720 p.
7. Maslova, V.A. Russian poetry of the XX century [Text] / V.А. Maslova // Linguoculturological view. - M .: Higher school, 2006 .-- 256 p.
8. Paustovsky, K.G. Rediard Kipling [Text] / K.G. Paustovsky // Collected works in 6 volumes, Volume 5. - M .: State Publishing House of Fiction, 1958 .-- Pp. 549-551
9. Urnov, D.M. Poetry: English Literature XIV - XIV centuries. [Text] / D.М. Urnov // History of World Literature: T. 3. - Moscow: Nauka, 1985. - 301 p.
10. Language and Literature [Text] // Children's Encyclopedia. Volume 11. - M .: Education, 1968. - S. 156-158
11. Conroy, E. The Symbolism of Colour [Text] / E. Conroy. – London: William Rider & Son, Limited, 1921. – 68 p.
12. Graves, R. On English Poetry [Text] / R. Graves. – London, 1922. – 149 p.
13. Jeffares, A.N. W.B. Yeats, a new biography [Text] / A.N. Jeffares. – London and New York: Continuum, 1988. – 319 p.
Cite this article as:
kizi, Q. N. M. ., & Qayumovich, R. M. . (2021). The Poetics of Colors in English Poetry. Middle European Scientific Bulletin, 16. https://doi.org/10.47494/mesb.2021.16.707